Construction 3D Scanning
Easily capture existing condition data for accurate adaptive reuse and renovation construction planning and design.
3D Laser scanning is evolving into a technology with compelling applications for both new construction and renovations, retrofits and additions. Using the power of big data computing, you can now slice through point clouds to produce drawings, transform point clouds to 3D scalable diagrams and even monitor steel deflection. You can also scan a floor for level and make the needed adjustments before interior framing.
BuildingPoint SouthEast: Your Single Source for Trimble Laser Systems
As an authorized Trimble distributor, BuildingPoint SouthEast gives you complete access to the best 3D scanning equipment and software in NC, SC, GA, VA and the Washington, D.C. area. Our Trimble 3D laser scanner lineup will allow you to quickly capture all geospatially relevant information and use it to create 3D models to facilitate design or more effectively coordinate the construction process.
Our Trimble 3D scanning product inventory includes:
- X7 laser scanner: Designed for maximum efficiency and reliability, the X7 laser scanner combines the power of a high-speed 3D laser system with precise automatic calibration and self-leveling. The X7 works with Trimble’s software, and it offers precise in-field control, quick set-up, and in-field automatic registration.
- TX6 Laser Scanner: This affordable laser scanner provides lightning-fast collection of 3D data over its full measurement range. The TX6 is the ideal choice for applications such as BIM/VDC, preservation and restoration projects, deformation monitoring, plant and industrial measurement and public safety and forensics.
- TX8 Laser Scanner: Designed for the most challenging BIM applications, the TX8 combines speed, range and precision in one flexible, easy-to-use 3D scanning device. It’s the perfect scanning solution for applications such as civil engineering, architecture and design, mining and quarries and many others.
- EdgeWise Software: Edgewise software is an intuitive, intelligent modeling and analysis tool that can easily adapt to the unique scanning requirements of each project. Use Edgewise to increase speed and accuracy for applications such as extracting piping conduit and structural beams.
- RealWorks Software: RealWorks 3D laser scanning software allows you to manage process and analyze large datasets with greater speed and accuracy. Use RealWorks to quickly assess the quality of your targets and generate registration reports, and even publish self-contained project packages.
The Benefits of 3D Scanning
With versatile 3D scanners, you can create consistent construction builds in a fraction of the time necessary to build a manual model. New, innovative 3D scanners are highly intuitive pieces of technology that are easy to operate. 3D scanning can help you:
- Minimize rework: When you choose to 3D scan and model your site in advance using a remotely operated robotic total station (RTS), you’ll decrease the likelihood of workplace errors and prevent the need for rework later on.
- Monitor build conditions: 3D scanning allows you to accurately capture current build conditions to ensure that your crew members, designers and stakeholders always have a clear picture of your build site.
- Shorten your project schedules: The average construction project takes over 20% longer to complete than estimated. 3D scanning gives you the opportunity to decrease lost time and get things done right the first time. This technology will reduce the time spent capturing project data and give you an instant picture of your work conditions. With this info, you can prevent rework and move on to your next project sooner.
- Save time: Traditional measuring methods can take days. No matter how large or small your project is, 3D scanning can capture your job site in a matter of hours. When you get your own 3D scanner, you can perform measurements on your schedule in a fraction of the time you would spend otherwise.
- Increase productivity: 3D scanning allows you to reclaim your time by automating demanding manual processes. When you opt for in-house 3D scanning, you can collect the data you need instantly.
Applications of 3D Scanning
3D scanning technology can speed up your build process for any project. You and your crew can use 3D scanning to:
- Integrate MEP systems: 3D scanners can help you integrate your MEP system into your existing site conditions and check your work in progress against your 3D models. By combining the power of your 3D scanner and MEP system, you can improve your collaboration and communication, avoid budgeting clashes and solve any issues that arise faster than ever.
- Ensure structural integrity: The structural work phase is the most important during any job. 3D scanners allow you to monitor your structural work against your original models so you can get your job done correctly the first time.
- Retrofit and renovate existing structures: 3D scanning lets you get quick as-built documentation. With this technology, you’ll never have to go into a project unprepared or with inaccurate estimates.
Take a Closer Look at Construction 3D Scanners
Browse our current inventory of construction 3D laser scanning equipment and software for NC, SC, GA, VA and Washington, D.C. companies and feel free to contact us for additional product, pricing and 3D laser scanner rental equipment information.