Trimble Field Link – How to fix a drawing scale issue
When you import an AutoCAD .dwg file the scale does not match your point data layout.
- The first thing you will want to do is check what “Distance Unit” you are using in Trimble Field Link.
- To do this open the Trimble Field Link software and click the “MORE” menu option in the upper left of the screen.
- Next click “JOBS” and “SETTINGS” on the next screen.
- You will see “Distance Units” in the bottom left corner of the screen. If you click the up arrow this will give you a list of Units to select. Select your units, then maneuver to AutoCAD.
- Open your .dwg file in Autodesk AutoCAD.
- Once your drawing file is open maneuver to the command line at the bottom of the software, type “units” and hit Enter.
- This will then open the “Drawing Units” dialog box.
- What matters here is the “Insertion Scale” units.
- Click the down arrow and select the units that match the “Distance Units” used in Trimble Field Link.
- Once you have selected your Insertion Scale, click Ok and Save your .dwg file.
- Now when you import the drawing file again into your Trimble Field Link Project the scale should match your point data.