Prolog — Changing the Timeout Setting for Converge FMS Uploads & Recover from a timed-out session.
- Tech Tip #1: Prolog Converge FMS file upload timeout settings have been moved from the webconfig file to the Prolog System database. Use the following steps to adjust the timeout settings:
- To change the upload timeout setting, login to MS SQL Studio Management, connect to the Prolog System database and open the table “websiteoptions.”
- Change the value of the column “uploadtimeoutinsec” to a value of at least 30 (seconds) or higher.
- After this change has been made restart the Prolog Converge Monitor service and restart IIS on the Converge web server.
- This can be changed to as high as 240 seconds in certain situations.
- Tech Tip #2: If you time out during an important entry of notes, setting up a report or simply don’t remember what you where doing but you need it back; try this:
- Do NOT close your timed out window, leave it just as it is.
- Now launch another session of the program, yes log-in.
- Once you are logged in now go back to you first session, refresh and you’ll be right where you were, ta-da! no time lost.
- Now hurry and finish before the phone rings again, or at least save.